BIOMARKED wants to build bridges between teams and optimize their access to the most innovative technology platforms, in order to identify and validate new or more accurate biomarkers to
- improve diagnosis of diseases in a broad scope such as cancer, inflammation and metabolic disorders
- allow better prognosis and risk stratification
- allow prediction of therapy
BIOMARKED is interested in the needs and demands of industrial partners and is pro-active in offering solutions and opportunities. BIOMARKED coordinates valorization projects leading to industrial applications, projects and proof-of concepts responding to urgent needs in society or to the market.
As IOF (Industrial Research Fund) valorization consortium we can rely on specific valorization funds (StarTT, AdvancedTT and StepstoneTT funds) in order to bring high quality UGent technology to the market. BIOMARKED is working in close collaboration with the central Technology Transfer unit of Ghent University which assists in legal counsel, patenting and licensing of our IP portfolio.
- Operate as a central point of contact and interface between industry, researchers and TT:
- Identify needs and demands of industrial partners and proactive offering of solutions and opportunities
- Identify innovative research results with valorization potential in the consortium
- Promote application-oriented developments in technology
- Identify new and innovative technology platforms with market potential
- Create a strategic commercial patent portfolio
- Bring technical POCs towards industrial POCs and further valorisation
- Promote multi-disciplinary joint ventures: partner search, assist in gathering funding (IOF, IWT, EU funding etc), project management and reporting
- Offer business development services